|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 2 cups short grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds toasted
- as desired shiso leaves shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh young ginger shredded
- Give a quick rinse to rice under running water and strain it through a colander.
- In a medium sized dutch oven or pot, add in rice, water, sake and salt. Stir the liquid.
- Add in the ginger.
- Place the dutch oven over high heat. No lid is needed. Stir occasionally to avoid the rice to stick at the bottom.
- Once the water boils, then put the lid on and turn the heat down to simmer.
- Cook for 12 minutes and turn off the heat. Do not open the lead yet. The rice is still cooking. Wait another 15 minutes.
- Open the lid, add the shiso leaves and fluff the rice.
Leave a Reply