|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 3 to 4 matsutake mushrooms
- 2 cups short grain ricce 1 cup = 200ml
- 2 cups Katsuo dashi 1 cup = 200ml
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce usukuchi (light-colored) if possible
- 1 teaspoon salt you can add/reduce to your taste
- Clean matsutake with damp paper towel if you see any dirt. You can shave off the very bottom of the mushroom if it's too dirty.
- Slice matsutake mushroom stems, and tear the stump by hand into small pieces.
- Rinse and polish rice and strain it through a collandar. Put it aside (for about 30 minutes)
- In a Dutch oven or any deep pot you have, put in the rice and add dashi, soysauce, sake and salt. Add in sliced matsutake. If you have an electric rice cooker. Note: If you have an electric rice cooker just cook the matsutake rice with all the ingredients as you normally cook rice.
- Place the pot, turn on the heat over High and wait for the liquid to start boiling. A lid is not required.
- Turn the heat down to simmer, put the lid on if you haven't done it yet, then cook for 12 minutes. Turn off the heat then but do not remove the lid yet.
- Wait for 15 minutes. Open the lid and fluff the matsutake rice! Don't pass out with the incredible aroma!
Share this Recipe