|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||2 hours|
- 1.5 cup water for making rice porridge
- 1/3 cup short grain white rice
- 2/3 cup dry rice koji
- 1.5 cup water for making amazake
- 1 pound chicken thigh
- 3 tablespoons amazake
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1/2 cup potato starch or rice flour
- oil for frying
Amazake Marinated Fried Chicken
- In a medium sauce pan, cook rice and with 1/5 cup of water over medium heat for about 30 minutes until the rice grains turn to porridge.
- Add 1.5 cup of water to the porridge so that the temperature goes downs slightly before 140 F. Add koji in and stir well.
- Transfer the koji mixture to a thermos that can keep the 140 F temp for 8 hours (I use a Zohjirushi thermos https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DZ0HAC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
- Close the thermos and wait for 8 hours.
- Cut chicken thigh into an inch square pieces.
- Make amazake marinade by mixing amazake, soy sauce and ginger. Add in chicken.
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Dry the chicken pieces with paper towel and coat them in potato starch powder.
- Heat frying oil to 350 F. Dust excess starch off the chicken pieces and fry them until their color turns golden.
Leave a Reply